The Society owns or operates eight museums and buildings, including: The 1764 Hanford-Silliman House, The 1960 Gores Pavilion, and The Rogers Studio.
At our headquarters in the 1825 Town House, the Society maintains a research library of more than 3,500 volumes, along with scores of manuscripts, deeds, newspapers, photographs and other documents dating from 1801 with the founding of Canaan Parish.
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Admission is always free to members. The cost for visitors: $5 for exhibitions; $10 for Library usage; $25 for a full campus tour. (Please call or email to schedule.)
The New Canaan Museum & Historical Society is located at 13 Oenoke Ridge in New Canaan. It is walking distance from the New Canaan Train Station, which is serviced by Metro-North.
The Town House is wheelchair accessible and there is an elevator to the main gallery. Please contact the office if you are interested in visiting the historic houses and need accommodations.
Learn about Librarian assistance, site rental and room usage information, our Plaque Program, and our Gift Shop.